Change IP powershell script does not execute properly

• Hi folks, I hope someone can help me with this. I wrote a powershell snapin script to re-IP a machine according to what it finds for the hostname through nslookup. When I run it manually, it works just fine. When I try through fog, it returns with 1. I tried logging stuff to a file, but the file does not get created.

I’m having the FOG server run it with the following (and confirmed the path is correct):

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

I’ve tried running this (through fog and manually) on a Windows XP and Windows 7 systems and it consistently fails through FOG, but works manually.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

• I believe I figured out the problem. FOG uploads the script <FOG install dir>/tmp/ since I used the default path, <FOG install dir> equates to \program files\fog, assuming that FOG sends the full path to the executing command, there will be a space in the script name, which would cause (powershell at least) it to croak. I uninstalled and reinstalled into \FOG and that seems to have fixed my issue…

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.