unable to deploy RAID 1 disk

@eistek Sorry my real job has been very busy today so I have little time at the moment. Jonathan has you on track for a solution. I can say if you are starting with FOG, you started with a very hard target computer. These intel raid controllers are a problem to work with in linux.

I can see from your last image the raid array is /dev/md126 and its currently configured for read only (same problem as Jonathan) as in your case resync=PENDING (means that you just created the array but it hasn’t completed the mirroring as of now). I have a system in my test lab at the same point as you. I hope to spend some time after work hours to see if I can get my test system to activate the array and sync the sectors. If I can then I can give you guidance.

I can say the info you have provided will get us to a solution for you. So please wait until I can get into the lab.

• I have enabled debug mode ;

0_1496246575635_DSC_0706.JPG
    0_1496246583215_DSC_0707.JPG

• @Jonathan-Cool

0_1496244508186_DSC_0697.JPG

then i have added “/dev/md/BALKAN_0” to Host Primary Disk

and i got following error

0_1496244735073_DSC_0699.JPG

• @Jonathan-Cool
    how can i get command prompt?
    Deploy is starting immediatelly

• Hi,
    Like @george1421 said, i have a similair issue with my o3620.

Can you post the results of theses commands on a debug task deployment ? :

• cat /proc/mdstat
    • mdadm -D /dev/md126

For me :

• cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [linear] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [multipath] [faulty] 
    md126 : active (read-only) raid1 sda[1] sdb[0] 
          976759808 blocks super external:/md127/0 [2/2] [UU]

md127 : inactive sdb[1](S) sda[0](S)
          5288 blocks super external:imsm

unused devices: <none>

• mdadm -D /dev/md126
    /dev/md126:
          Container : /dev/md/imsm0, member 0
         Raid Level : raid1
         Array Size : 976759808 (931.51 GiB 1000.20 GB)
      Used Dev Size : 976759940 (931.51 GiB 1000.20 GB)
       Raid Devices : 2
      Total Devices : 2

State : clean 
     Active Devices : 2
    Working Devices : 2
     Failed Devices : 0
      Spare Devices : 0

UUID : d7788497:a3f2cd21:2ff72bda:c45670f9
        Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
           1       8        0        0      active sync   /dev/sda
           0       8       16        1      active sync   /dev/sdb

For me, the issue is the read-only state on the array. I just want to know if you have the same issue or if it is an other issue …

Thank you.

• @george1421
    i have checked your links. But i don’t have much experience on raids and kernel .

DO i need to add

Host Kernel Arguments: mdraid=true
    Host Primary Disk: /dev/md126

for this host ?

Let me remind i have captured image before add this parameters. And i will try to deploy this image to raid 1

@eistek Sorry I don’t want to say “fake-raid” as negative. It is a bit negative if you are a server guy. But it is perfectly fine.

Yes, from your screen shot you have the ICH10R controller. That is the intel hardware assisted software raid. To use that raid there is the hard ware component that you setup and then within the operating system there is the other part of the driver. FOG can see that if you tell it to load the software raid drivers.

Actually there is another fog admin who has the same issue as you at the moment @Jonathan-Cool

In your case I did create a tutorial a while ago for managing the intel raid controllers with FOG.
    https://forums.fogproject.org/topic/7882/capture-deploy-to-target-computers-using-intel-rapid-storage-onboard-raid

• @george1421 0_1496232065836_raid.JPG

is this software raid ?

• i am setting raid on system setup.
    I am pushing “CTRL+I” on system boot and setting disks to Raid 1.

Is it fake raid or hardware ? how can i determine ?

The issue is probably do you use the intel “fake-raid” to build this disk array or do you have a dedicated array controller for this array?

When I say “fake-raid” that is a negative term for a hardware assisted software raid which is often found only in the MS Windows world. ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Matrix_RAID

FOG can work with these MS Windows software raid but you must do some setup first.

Users

Topics