Fog Unifi controller compatibility

• Many years have passed since I last attempted a FOG server, and I am not much more experienced on Linux than before. I have made progress, but now I am at an impasse.

I am running FOG 1.5.7 on a Ubuntu 16.04 VM. The IP is accessible to my Lan.

My router is a Unifi USG3 running the latest firmware. DHCP options 66, 67 appear to be working as required:
    2aa69a02-2137-4953-bc2b-38bf033e16c8-image.png

As I have seen on many forum posts the PXE error “file not found” seems to be the bane of many FOG users, and it certainly has brought my efforts to a halt.

I have also tried going with a bootable USB drive, which doesn’t boot the PXE client.

Unsure what I should next try, but it seems many users resort to dnsmasq as a solution. Any insight or help would be very much appreciated.

• Developer

@Corrco You have the solution right there in your post. Filename in the picture is undionly.kxpe but should really be undionly.kpxe!!

• Solved. OMG it’s so good to have another set of eyes on. Talk about not seeing the tree for the forest! I am watching first clone progress. This is far further than I was ever able to get with Symantec ghost - never could build their PXE client. Thank you so much Sebastian.

• Developer

@Corrco You have the solution right there in your post. Filename in the picture is undionly.kxpe but should really be undionly.kpxe!!

Users

Topics