Sending discover.... DHCP Failed

• Hi, before I get into my issue, I’m aware that this is not a FOG issue hence why I have listed it as a general discussion…
    So just to give some background knowledge on my server, I am running Ubuntu 16.04 with FOG and DHCP on the same box using 2 different interfaces. Previous to today my server was running fine. Able to capture images and deploy them. Today though I was met with an issue where I am able to PXE boot into the splash screen where I can choose a full host registration. After selecting this I am met with this screen.20190501_233119.jpg

Any ideas as to why this message comes up?

For testing purposes I completely restarted my FOG server the same way I had it to eliminate any minor changes that might have caused it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• @george1421 Thank you for the response. The issue was the switch. I put a “dummy” switch in place of my other one and it worked. I ended up enabling fastport on my other switch and success. Appreciate the help!

My initial reaction here is that you might have a spanning tree issue. This is where the standard spanning tree is used on the network switch and it doesn’t start forwarding for 27 seconds after the link light goes on.

You can test this by placing a dumb (cheap unmanaged) switch between the pxe booting computer and the building switch. If it boots and images correctly then you need to look into the setting of the switch that is connected to the target computer.

The second thing (but we can rule it out because we see enp3s0) is that FOS linux doesn’t have the proper network drivers for the target computer network adapter. But we see enp3s0 which is the driver name for the network adapter. So the network interface must be enabled and ready.

The third thing is that the target computer has more than one network adapter and FOS linux has selected the incorrect interface for communicating.

Users

Topics