Issue

• @george1421 I have no .fogsetting in /opt/fog/
    here the content of this folder :
    total 12K
    8142850 drwsrwsrwx 3 root root 4,0K août 30 12:02 .
    8126465 drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4,0K août 30 12:02 …
    8142851 drwsrwsrwx 3 root root 4,0K août 30 12:02 snapins

i have already notified this, is it very serious ?

• @sebastian-roth and all Many thanks, it’s work , for my excuse i thinked the ftp path was beginned from the root profile (/home/fog) not at the complete path (/)

Regards

i marks this topic as solved

@manuel Ok you have things broken then.

What I want you to do is this.

1. Inspect the hidden file /opt/fog/.fogsettings collect and record the value stored in password= line. (hint: it will help if you connect to your fog server using putty so you can copy and paste easily).
    2. Reset the linux user fog password to match what was in the .fogsettings file.
    3. From a windows client connect to the fog server using ftp. Login using fog and the password from the .fogsettings file.
    4. Using the ftp client change to /images/dev. As a test create a test directory and remove it.
    5. Change to /images and repeat the same steps.
    6. If successful exit out of the ftp client.
    7. Go to the webgui and then FOG Settings->FOG Configuration.
    8. Inspect FOG_TFTP_FTP_USERNAME ensure it says fog
    9. Inspect FOG_TFTP_FTP_PASSWORD ensure it matches the password found in the .fogsettings file
    10. Goto Storage Management->Storage Nodes and then select the storage node related to this fog server (maybe default if you haven’t changed it)
    11. Inspect Management Username to ensure it says fog
    12. Inspect Management Password ensure it matches the password found in the .fogsettings file.
    13. OK once the web gui is in sync with the linux OS. Go back to the linux console.
    14. Rerun the installer once again (installfog.sh). This will fix the remaining bits.

• @george1421 i changed the fog user manager password and the fog linux user to be the same

I guess I need to ask, did you use the fog user account for system management? Or have you change the linux user fog account in any way, maybe updated the password for some reason?

Users

Topics